Mindset Recovery Protocols
The Mindset Recovery system uses scientifically proven protocols to reduce stress and anxiety, develop a positive mindset, and prepare for competition. The different protocols used in Rewire are also used individually by the Navy SEALs, NASA, and elite athletes around the world. For the first time, Rewire has combined all of these protocols into a single comprehensive recovery system. The protocols used in Mindset Recovery include:
- Guided Breathing: Rewire features a variety of different breathing protocols including Box Breathing, Pranayama, 4-7-8, Step Up and more.
- Binaural Beats: Binaural Beats are a form of brainwave entrainment. Binaural beats relax the user by altering (i.e.entraining) the brain’s neuronal rhythm and effect trophotropic changes in autonomic arousal to enhance relaxation and recovery. The system consists of the athlete listening to audio tones that are set at different output levels in each ear to create a sound that the brain converts to a low-level sound which positively impacts the user’s mindset. These are the different Binaural Beat waves used in the Rewire recovery system. Read this recent study for more information.
- 0.5 – 3.5 Hz – Delta wave for deep sleep
- 4.0 – 6.5 Hz – Theta for meditation / sleep
- 7.0 – 12.5 Hz – Alpha for relaxation / dreams
- 13.0 – 38.5 – Beta for Activity
- Visualization: Visualization has been used by athletes for decades to improve readiness for competition. The Rewire system presents visualization cues to get in the right headspace for training, competition, or relaxation.
- Self-Talk Mantras: Self-talk mantras have been shown in recent studies like this one to decrease the perception of effort and increase motivation during endurance-based sports. It consists of motivational phrases aka mantras that you repeat in your mind at regular intervals. We have researched mantras used by professional athletes and mindfulness experts and loaded them into the app. You may also create your own from within the Rewire settings section.
- Subliminal Priming: Humans are social animals and tend to take positive and negative cues from others. In recent studies, subliminal priming has been shown to influence the perception of effort and improve mood and motivation. The Rewire system consists of showing positive imagery in quick succession for a positive psychological effect.
Mindset Recovery Categories
The recovery system includes different recovery categories including:
- Pre-Workout Priming: These sessions are designed to enhance your workout by priming your for optimal performance.
- Mindfulness and Recovery: Use these recovery sessions to help your mind and body reset.
- Competition Mindset Prep: Use as part of your pre-competition routine to make sure you’re in the right headspace to perform.
- Focus and Concentration: Use when you need to increase concentration and focus either at work or in training.
- Performance Challenge: Use during performance to enhance cognitive function, concentration and focus.